Great news everyone, Nora who writes the fabulous Dreamer Achiever travel blog very kindly nominated us for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award‘. We’re both seriously chuffed at being nominated, thanks so much Nora. Sometimes you really don’t know if your own blog is being looked at much so for it to be appreciated and nominated is fantastic.
As part of the nomination we have to do a couple of things.
The ‘One Lovely Blog Award’ Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Share seven interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs of your choice (up to 15) for the award.
- Link to your nominees and let them know of their nomination, usually by commenting on one of their posts.
Interesting Things about Us
Only seven you may ask? If you’re regular readers of our JWalking blog then you already know so much about us including my love of penguins, our hate of selfie-sticks, and our dislike of the term bucket-list so this isn’t easy.
- We never discuss where we are travelling to next until the day before we have to go as we feel it would take some of our attention and enjoyment away from our current location.
- We never dry our hands on hot air hand dryers in public toilets(restrooms). We watched a documentary many years ago on the air that is blown out and have never been near them since.
- In 2014 we volunteered to help plant ceramic poppies at the Tower of London and were lucky enough to be selected. We spent an incredible morning in the Tower moat planting poppies with a group of people from all around the world. An unbelievable never-to-be-forgotten experience.
- As we travel around the world the only food we truly miss from England is sausage rolls. Nowhere else makes or supplies them and as time goes on we’re getting desperate.
- We took a train trip in the late 1980s from West Germany to West Berlin. It was on a special UK military train that had permission to travel through Soviet occupied East Germany into the then occupied Berlin. At the time it was a journey through a different world.
- Neither of us has ever, ever, ever, ever wanted to go to Glastonbury.
- We both really want to try housesitting at some stage, it’s something that we feel we’d be great at and seriously enjoy. Plus it would take us to places that perhaps we wouldn’t have thought of previously. So if you need some housesitters ……….
Our Blog Nominations
- Adventures of a Jersey Girl – Jersey Girl
- No Particular Place to Go – Anita and Richard
- The Well Travelled Postcard – Virginia
- Where’s my Backpack – Ailsa
- Travel tales of Life – Sue and Dave
- 1Adventure Traveller – Stephanie
- ilive4travel – Clare
- She Who Wanders – She Who Wanders
- Ms B Travels – Kati
- CiaoMary – Murray and Mary
These are in no particular order, we love them all. All have slightly different styles and ways of looking at life which we like and all are really worth following.
Thanks again Nora, really appreciate the support and it’s great to know that someone is reading our blog and maybe liking it just a little bit.